Engage in Entrepreneurship
Through the Engage in Entrepreneurship program, WBCNA provides one-on-one personalized business coaching to individuals interested in starting or growing their small business. We help determine where you are, where you want to be and help you develop a plan to get there.
The Engage in Entrepreneurship program is open to every type of entrepreneur:
– Entrepreneurs still discovering what they should peruse
– Entrepreneurs in the emerging or early stages of business
– Established entrepreneurs seeking a bit of guidance
The Engage in Entrepreneurship Program has three steps:
Step One: Engage Orientation
In the Engage Orientation, you will learn the who, what, when, why of WBCNA and receive an overview of the Engage Program. For your convenience, Engage Orientation takes place on the 1st and 3rd Friday of every month. Pick the one that best fits into your schedule - you only need to attend the Orientation once. Register below. Engage Orientation is on the 1st and 3rd Fridays from 11:00am-12:00pm The cost: FREE Register for the next orientation here.
Step Two: Engage Assessment
After attending Engage Orientation, you will be invited to attend the Engage Assessment. For your convenience, Engage Assessment takes place on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. Pick the one that best fits into your schedule - you only need to attend the Assessment once.
In the Engage Assessment not only will you network with other likeminded entrepreneurs, but you will also complete your personal assessment which outlines the roadmap you and your business will follow through the Engage Coaching Program.
After completing the Engage Assessment, you will make your first appointment with our Lead Business Coach Miriam Ezell (hyperlink to her bio). In addition, you will receive a $25 gift certificate to be used toward any future WBCNA training event.
Engage Assessment is on the 2nd and 4th Fridays from 11:00am-1:00pm.
The cost: $25 in advance, $35 at the door
Registration for Engage Assessment is sent via email after completing the Engage Orientation.
Step Three: One-on-One Business Coaching
After attending Engage Orientation and Assessment, you have the opportunity to participate in WBCNA’s one-on-one business coaching. Our business coaches are subject matter experts who are available to answer your specific questions about starting, running, or growing your small business.
Working with a business coach puts an advocate in your corner every step of the way along your road to success. Here are a few ways one-on-one coaching can help you.
- Better focus: Your coach can help you see the big picture and then focus on the specific areas that need your attention right away.
- Crystal clear goal setting: Setting goals is a critical part of running a business. Business coaching helps you strategically see how every move you make puts you one step closer to your goals.
- More accountability: This is a big one for most business owners. In addition to helping you set your goals, a good business coach will hold you accountable for following through on the things you need to do to achieve those goals.
- Fruitful brainstorming: It can be difficult to see all of the different ways to tackle a problem by yourself. A business coach is a creative thinker who always has ideas.
- Personal development: Business coaching is instrumental beyond just growing your business. The skills you learn and knowledge you gain help you grow as a person as well.
- Experience: An experienced business coach has seen it all-the good, the bad, and the ugly. You simply can't discount the wisdom that comes from years of working with so many different types of companies and business owners from all walks of life.
- Improved profitability: Without business coaching you probably won't be able to adapt so well and so quickly to the constantly changing dynamics of the economy.
- Smarter financial planning: Running the numbers has always been one of the most challenging parts of running a business. A business coach can help with everything from developing a budget to pricing new services.
Our one-hour business coaching sessions are free, confidential, and unlimited.