Veteran's Business Assistance Center
Our nation’s Veterans are the embodiment of leadership, service and perseverance. It is only natural that many of these individuals are taking steps towards becoming entrepreneurs in their civilian life and professional careers.
To better serve the needs of the growing number of Veterans who want to start a new business or expand an existing one in North Alabama, WBCNA established the Veteran’s Business Assistance Center (VBAC). The VBAC provides critical training and resources to Veterans in our region who are starting or growing small businesses that contribute to our community’s economic growth and job creation.
"We are coaching more and more Veterans who want to own their own business," says Joanne Randolph, President & CEO of WBCNA. “We have already reached out to Veterans who are successful business owners and they have generously offered their support in helping other Veterans get started and to grow.” Business coaches who have already offered their services are:
- Larry Anderson, President of ALATEC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
- Joe Fitzgerald, President of Decision Sciences Company and Founder of Honor Flight
- Rob Kuehn, President & CEO of Silver Eagle Consulting, a Veteran Owned Small Business
- Kris McGuire, CEO of Victory Solutions, Inc., a Service Disabled Veteran and Woman Owned Small Business
The following services are being offered to all U.S. Military Veterans, Service-Disabled Veterans, Reservists, National Guard Members, and Active Duty business owners and start-up entrepreneurs in North Alabama:
- One-on-one business coaching by successful Veteran business owners
- Networking opportunities and business matchmaking
- Website resources for Veterans
- Comprehensive Entrepreneurial Training
Most of these services are free and only minimal fees are charged for training. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 256-535-2038. We are conveniently located at the Huntsville-Madison County Chamber of Commerce at 225 Church Street.